Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Connection of the task assigned not simulated.

Hello I consistently get this error message when I try to do a HTTP load test. 

Connection 2 of the task assigned to the virtual user [Enter a name] (1) was not simulated

Connection 0:  SSL negotiation failed.  Error 0x80090308

It does not always happen in the same connection(step) of the the task.  Sometimes it may fail on connection 2,3,4,9 the next it may only fail on 5 and 6, the third time would be different as well.  The site I am testing creates session ID's which I blank out and put a * in the session code. 

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Eric

1 Reply

• Hello Eric,

First of all, I recommend that you upgrade to the latest TestComplete version (7.51) - some authentication problems are solved in the recent updates.

>>> The site I am testing creates session ID's which I blank out and put a * in the session code.

I am not quite sure that I understand this correctly: do you actually replace the IDs with * in your HTTP requests? You should not do this - the server expects meaningful IDs, and replacing them with an asterisk may cause the server to reject the requests. If you need to handle the IDs in your test, consider using the "Auto-Updated Parameters" feature of the Load Testing engine - see the Auto-Updating Page Parameters help topic to learn more about this.