Forum Discussion

Sanadas92
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

How is network connectivity simulated in load complete?

In Tests, connection speeds are provided. How can these connections be implemented at network level, while sending requests over the internet.

Kindly provide information.

Regards,

Sana

• Hi Sana,

Hm-m... This seems to be a good question and I believe that Support will correct me if needed, but my current understanding is that the connection speed simulation is controlled by the tool itself. Obviously, if you are testing external resource (i.e. if requests are sent not to the localhost but to any other web server) than your existing physical connection must be not slower than the simulated one(s).

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi Sana,

Can you clarify what you are looking for? (Maybe with some use case example.)

Sanadas92
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Alex,

What I mean by the question is, suppose one selects DSL/Cable (256k) connectivity as the connection. 

Does one need to have an actual DSL/CAble (256K) connection in this case or is the DSL connection simulated by the tool irrespective of the actual connection in which the tool is present?

Hope the question is clearer.

Kindly excuse me if the question seems novice :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Sana

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Sana,

Hm-m... This seems to be a good question and I believe that Support will correct me if needed, but my current understanding is that the connection speed simulation is controlled by the tool itself. Obviously, if you are testing external resource (i.e. if requests are sent not to the localhost but to any other web server) than your existing physical connection must be not slower than the simulated one(s).