Forum Discussion

russelld
Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Can a previously recorded keyword test run over an RDP connection

Hi,

I created a bunch of Keyword Tests on my PC for testing our software.  I loaded the exact same database on an internal server within our office.  I connect to the server using RDP connection and run the same software but when I try to run the keyword test it don't find it.

Screenshots below..2 vs 3.  #2 picks up the object names and #3(RDP) names everything wndRail_Window

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave

5 Replies

• So, when the Name Mapping is setup it should work better?  With the name mapping added do I need to install TC on the server as well to test my keyword tests?

Thanks

Marsha_R
      Champion Level 3

I would fix your setup first.  TestComplete must be able to connect to the UI of the application you are testing and it will not do that over RDP.  You can put a second copy of TC and your project on that remote server and then log into it to run your tests from there.  

That may fix most of your problem.  Let's look again after that.

• Hi,

Thanks for the previous replies and information.

I want to give my objects a more descriptive name instead of 'FNWND3125'.  I changed it but it keeps prompting me to revert it back by updating the properties.  Can I rename it with an alias to give it a better description?

Thanks Again