Forum Discussion

eriksaly
New Contributor
7 years ago

Automated tests do not run. Test cases go to state "In progress" and then shortly after to "Active"

We use TFS to trigger tests.

Build: Build TestComplete interface solution that connects test cases to TestComplete tests.

Deploy: Copies files to slaves.

Test: Distrbuted test. Connected to Microsoft Test Manager (MTM) Test plan. 

When queuing a new build, the Build and deploy part seems to work just fine.

The test part does not work. I can see in MTM that the test cases get the state "In Progress", but only for a second or two. Then they return to state "Active".

No log is posted to the test cases. No log posted to the build. The build finishes as Partially succeeded.

When I go and check the build log, I can see that 0 of 14 have passed.

When I log onto the computer where the tests are to be run, I can open TestComplete and the project without any problems.

We have 9 other systems like this that all work fine, and I don't see a difference when it comes to the build definition.

Has anyone seen this kind of issue before? I'm officially stuck.

2 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

When I log onto the computer where the tests are to be run, I can open TestComplete and the project without any problems.

What happens if you run the TestComplete tests from the computer directly?

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

What it almost sounds like is that the machine in question is not being launched in a state where the UI Desktop is available.  TestExecute/TestComplete knows that it can't really run without access to the UI.  So, if the machine is at the Windows lock screen or there is no actual console UI available, this could be the cause of your problem.  Just a guess, mind you.