cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Welcome to the September Hub-bub

We are inviting you to join our exciting online event where you can learn a lot of useful information, share your knowledge and have fun. Each week, we will reward the best posters with free gift cards .

Just pick any topic you like in the SwaggerHub Community, or create your own to dive into the wonderful September Hub-bub.

Event duration: September 2-27. More information.

This Week Top Contributors:

We will decide the winners next Monday

When will the ability to make APIs private be available

SOLVED
New Contributor

When will the ability to make APIs private be available

We have been using Swagger for documentation of our existent APIs and are trying integrate Swagger Editor/Hub into our design process.  Unfortunately, the lack of "private" API designation makes Swagger Hub into our process a complete non-starter.

Any idea when this might be possible?

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: When will the ability to make APIs private be available

Hi, I'm happy to announce that we have launched private APIs and organizations.  You can create API definitions, collaborate and share your designs privately--you have full control over the release of API definitions to the public on a per-version basis.  You can enable this premium feature under your account settings when logged in.

You can now also gesign and develop your API definitions under your organization namespace.  You can create teams to logically group participants in your organization, and to easily control access to definitions for multiple users at once.

Please try it out at https://swaggerhub.com and post your feedback!

-----
Tony Tam
SmartBear VP of Swagger Products
6 REPLIES 6

Hi, I can tell you that it's definitely in progress, and the private aspect won't be long from now.  Until then, it'd be great to get your feedback on the SwaggerHub project in it's private form with test APIs!

-----
Tony Tam
New Contributor

Tony

Thanks for the update.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you are asking here:

Until then, it'd be great to get your feedback on the SwaggerHub project in it's private form with test APIs!

M-

Hi, my suggestion would be to try out SwaggerHub with your non-private APIs or test APIs to provide feedback, knowing that the private feature is coming soon.

-----
Tony Tam
New Contributor

Tony

Unfortunatelywe don't have a lot of usefulness in working with public or test APIs at this time.  We are well ramped up on swagger and want to use Swagger Hub as a design repo for our new APIs prior to implementation.  Not being able to collaborate securely basically kills the hubs usefulness for us.

So as far as any feedback, that's it! :-)  I am sure we will be able to provide more once we can securely use the service.

best

Martin

Occasional Visitor

Cant agree more.

+1 for private schemas.

-Ben.

Hi, I'm happy to announce that we have launched private APIs and organizations.  You can create API definitions, collaborate and share your designs privately--you have full control over the release of API definitions to the public on a per-version basis.  You can enable this premium feature under your account settings when logged in.

You can now also gesign and develop your API definitions under your organization namespace.  You can create teams to logically group participants in your organization, and to easily control access to definitions for multiple users at once.

Please try it out at https://swaggerhub.com and post your feedback!

-----
Tony Tam
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win