Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Private and Internal Projects through Dev Elements Portal

Originally posted by user Lily to the Stoplight Community on 12/12/2022 at 07:32 ET.

Is there a way (currently or planned) to allow Dev Elements Portal to pull private or internal api docs? It seems that currently the only type of projects it can pull are Public, but it would be nice to pull Private / Internal projects through as well.

Is this possible and I can’t seem to find how to do it?

3 Replies

Stoplight
      Community Manager

Lily (OP) [12/12/2022 - 10:30 ET]

Thank you, Sheryl! Unfortunately, it does not have any information in regards to the above. We are currently using this for our public projects and are happy with the results, however there are some projects we want exposed via the same react application that can’t be pulled through via the StoplightProject react component.

I’m curious as to whether there’s any information regarding whether it’s possible (now or later) to pull these non-public projects through via the same method, without making these projects public.

We’re mostly using our Stoplight as a “CMS” for the projects and then pulling these through via the react component but are somewhat limited by the fact that using a projectId for a private or internal project currently returns 404

Stoplight
        Community Manager

Skinghar (Staff) [12/13/2022 - 11:24 ET]

Hello Lily, I was able to get a response, currently the answer is No it is possible. It is not currently on our roadmap. 2 things, you are welcome to post a feature request and secondly, the Elements tool is open source so if you are so inclined you are welcome to work on the open source code. Here is the link to our features request. Submit an idea by following this link - https://roadmap.stoplight.io/tabs/7-under-consideration/submit-idea. Thank you!