Forum Discussion

Mason
Frequent Contributor
15 years ago

[RESOLVED] Updating Endpoints

We have three different environments that we test with three different endpoints for the WSDL services?  What is the best way to point the test cases to a different environment.  After a successful refactoring, I see where where you can choose a different endpoint from a drop down on a test step level.  But surely that's not the intention to require the user to update each test step individually?  And not only that, it seems we have to set the authentication for each of these steps?  Is there a way to set the endpoint (and the appropriate credentials/authentication) at the Test Suite level or Test Case level?  Can it be set to a property at the Suite level?  In one suite alone, I have over 50 test steps and it doesn't seem reasonable to have to set the endpoint and the authentication manually for each one. 

Please advise.

3 Replies

Awesome
    Frequent Contributor
    hi,

i think what you want is under the 'SoapBinding' on the 'Service Endpoints' tab.

double click on 'SoapBinding'
    select the second tab 'Service Endpoints'
    highlight (or enter a new) endpoint in the table below
    click the 'Assign' button
    select an option in the drop down
    click 'ok'
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    Ah...I believe I mistook "All Requests" to mean "All Requests".  I needed to select "Test Requests" instead.  This appears to work.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    M
    Mason
    Frequent Contributor
    Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  I changed all of the bindings to a different address, then ran the test and the tests were still pointing to the previous address. 

Here is a recording of what I attempted to do:

http://screencast.com/t/Race06RJUHU

At the end of the video, you'll see I point at the two addresses and they are different.  I would have expected the test step to change to the address I selected when I clicked the assign button and chose the "All Requests" option.