Forum Discussion

demus1
New Contributor
8 years ago

Unable to select assertion type from list within a REST request

I am using SoapUI 5.2.1 on a Mac for the first time and am unable to add relevant assertions to a REST request test step.

Clicking the Add Assertion (+) icon brings up the dialog as expected but clicking on the various types (Script, Property Content, Compliance etc) does nothing and therefore prevents the required assertions being added.

This works fine on Windows and appears to be a Mac issue.

I have already had to hack the installation to get it to run on a Mac by editing soapui.sh and uncommenting the line

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dsoapui.browser.disabled=true"

6 Replies

rupert_anderson
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

I use SoapUI 5.2.1 on a mac OSX el Capitan 10.9.5.

I don't have a problem with those adding Assertions for a REST Request Test Step.

Did you install SoapUI using the installer?

I didn't have to change that startup parameter.

Thanks,

Rupert

stranljip
    Occasional Contributor

Hi demus1, did you solve this problem? I am experiencing the same with macOS Sierra and SoapUI 5.3.0 - I cannot add any assertions. Installing SoapUI in a Windows VM shows that is indeed a Mac related problem, but this is not really a feasible workaround since SoapUI does not seem to be able to use the VMWare mapped home directory ...

stranljip
      Occasional Contributor

Hi - I am not sure about your question - I did change one file as you can see in the commits. If yours is the same problem as mine, you can take my fork and compile from there as long as the pull request is not merged in upstream. If you are unsure how to do that, I can provide you with the compiled JAR file. Please send me a mail to carsten.heidmann(at)disy.net if I can help you with that.

stranljip
    Occasional Contributor

My pull request has been merged. The fix should be included in the next release.