Forum Discussion

nreymundo
Occasional Visitor
9 years ago

Unable to import from Swagger

Hi!, 

I want to try SoapUI out at work to see if it could make our life easier (I'm a QA and test a ton of our APIs regularly) but I'm running into a problem when trying to import one of our APIs definition from swagger. 

Basically what I do is I create an empty project then right click on it -> import from swagger -> I leave 'Definition Type' set to 'Resource Listing' and in the 'Swagger Definition' field point it to ${ourAppHost}/v2/api-docs.json. I click accept then it asks me for username/password (our API needs authentication) but then I get an error message saying it can't find something. 

The error message says this: 

groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: path for class: com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer

And the logs show this: 

2016-02-15 23:22:33,314 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occurred [No such property: path for class: com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer], see error log for details
2016-02-15 23:22:33,314 ERROR [errorlog] groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: path for class: com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer
groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: path for class: com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.ScriptBytecodeAdapter.unwrap(ScriptBytecodeAdapter.java:50)
	at org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.callsite.GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.callGroovyObjectGetProperty(GetEffectivePogoPropertySite.java:69)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer.createRestService(Swagger2Importer.groovy:222)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer.this$2$createRestService(Swagger2Importer.groovy)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer$this$2$createRestService.callCurrent(Unknown Source)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.Swagger2Importer.importSwagger(Swagger2Importer.groovy:72)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.SwaggerImporter$importSwagger.call(Unknown Source)
	at com.smartbear.swagger.SwaggerUtils$1.construct(SwaggerUtils.groovy:75)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorkerDelegator.construct(SwingWorkerDelegator.java:46)
	at com.eviware.soapui.support.swing.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:131)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I thought there might be something that's not correctly configured with my installation (I'm using SoapUI free version 5.2.1) but then I tried to load a public API in the same way (this one) and it loaded up correctly and imported all the endpoints. 

In my app we don't have a /v2/swagger.json like in the public api that works but we do have it in /v2/api-docs.json and if I go there in a browser I get this (the host is masked since it is a private app): 

api-docs.PNG

which looks pretty similar to the one in the link above that works. 

Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Is there anything I'm missing?. 

Thanks!. 

1 Reply

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Probably, you may have to take it to your development team attention to see why it says property is missing.