Forum Discussion

Sascha
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

Saving Preferences make Soapui not working

Hello,

I have a very strange behaviour with SoapUI and its preferences. It took me a while to find out the reason.

When I run a test suite sending SoapMessages everything went fine. Now I go to the Preferences/UI and wish the porject to be saved every 1 Minute. I save preferences.

If I start the test suite again, it fail. I always get an answer "bad request" from the server.

Any Idea? Any thing needed from me?

Sascha

7 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Sascha,

strange indeed! Does it work again after restarting soapUI ? Are you saving in a composite project or normal? Is this the latest release?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Ole,

I have a feeling that this is related to the problem I outlined to you in another thread. Remember? On Mac when you save preferences all test cases fail after that.

-Sachin
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Sachin,

yes.. that sounds like a reasonable assumption.. exactly which JRE are you using here?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Sascha
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

the Build is: Build dist-104-2009-02-01, Build Date 2009/02/01 21:22
    Java: Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_17-b04)

It will workagain after deleting the preference file from my home dir: soapiu-settings.xml

If I just click on save preferences, nothing happen
    If I chaneg auto save and save preference, everything is okay until I restart.
    Then I will have to delete the file and restart again.

omatzura wrote:

Hi Sascha,

strange indeed! Does it work again after restarting soapUI ? Are you saving in a composite project or normal? Is this the latest release?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Lars
    Contributor
    Hi,

The error happened to me when the HTTP version was set to 0.9. Please try to change it to 1.0 or 1.1 on the HTTP Settings page and see if this helps. I guess this depends on your WS server. I tested with a mock service (Jetty), which doesn't support HTTP/0.9, and it could be that your server has the same problem (or runs under Jetty).

Regards,
    Lars, eviware.com
    Lars
    Contributor
    Hi!

There was a bug in the preferences pages that changed the HTTP version from default 1.1 to 0.9 if no other value was selected. I have fixed this now. Please test it in the next build.

Regards,
    Lars, eviware.com
    Sascha
    Occasional Contributor
    With setting th ehttp correct it is working. Did not know that I can set this. I just saw it in the wireshark, but thought soapui is using this in general.