Forum Discussion

shiva_kakarla
Contributor
17 years ago

SOAP Project gets corrupted and does not open after executing tests with loops

Hi Ole,
I have a SOAP project with 10 test cases and each test case containing properties step, one datasource with 25 rows of grid data, transfer step,groovy step,SOAP request step, one more properties step and a loop test step. When I run all the 10 test cases successfully, then save the project and close it.  Now I try to reopen the project its says error loading the project and it does not open in SOAPUI tool. It happened thrice for me. Luckily I had backed up the project before executing the tests.

I have used SOAPUI pro 1.7.6. I have not tested in SOAPUI pro 2.0.2 yet

Please let me know if this is a known issue and got fixed in 2.0.2

Thanks

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

we have included a fix for corrupting project files in 2.0.2, hopefully it will fix your specific scenario as well.. let me know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • The problem persists in 2.0.2 too.  Here is the log and project does not get opened.

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.XmlBeansPropertiesTestPropertyHo
    lder.addProperty(XmlBeansPropertiesTestPropertyHolder.java:59)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.XmlBeansPropertiesTestPropertyHo
    lder.(XmlBeansPropertiesTestPropertyHolder.java:51)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlPropertiesTestStep.(
    WsdlPropertiesTestStep.java:85)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.registry.PropertiesStepFactory
    .buildTestStep(PropertiesStepFactory.java:38)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCase.createTestStepFrom
    Config(WsdlTestCase.java:258)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCase.(WsdlTestCas
    e.java:88)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlTestSuite.(WsdlTestSuite.java:
    66)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.loadProject(WsdlProject.java
    :242)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.(WsdlProject.java:159)

at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.loadWorkspace(WorkspaceImpl.jav
    a:143)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.(WorkspaceImpl.java:66)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceFactoryImpl.openWorkspace(WorkspaceF
    actoryImpl.java:31)
            at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI.startSoapUI(SoapUI.java:512)
            at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIPro.a(SourceFile:151)
            at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIPro.main(SourceFile:130)
    16:18:49,253 ERROR [SoapUI] An error occured [Failed to load project from file [
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi,

hmm.. 2 questions:

1) Did you save this project with 2.0.2?
    2) Can you send me the project file for fixing/debugging? (ole@eviware.com)

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,

I was able to run the tests with my back up version. Now I am able to save after executing the load tests and close/open the project in 2.0.2 without any exceptions/corruptions.

I am not sure why the projcet got corrupted earlier. I will let you know if I face the same problem again in 2.0.2
    Thanks