Forum Discussion

Asima_29
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago
Solved

Which is the better/stable ReadyAPI Version ?

Hi just wanted to discuss on ReadyAPI version.

Currently am using ReadyAPI 3.9.2 version but not sure  whether is a better or stable version for executing test cases in jenkins and for jenkins deployment.

• Hey Asima_29 

I think people are going to have difficulty in giving you "the correct" answer as in some ways it's a little subjective and for anyone to truly answer this they can only go on either their own experience (if theyve actually had problems with a specific ReadyAPI version with jenkins) or if theyve seen a number of people posting about ReadyAPI/jenkins issues.

SmartBear will always encourage people to upgrade to the later version.

I suppose you could view the release notes of previous versions, but I suppose this raises the question: what would you do if version v3.3.0 was thought of as particularly stable for pipelines?  Would you actually downgrade?

I think people would only notice 'dodgy' versions if there had been lots of posts moaning about a specific version or they'd had personal experience of issues.  People wouldn't notice if there had been ZERO issues with ReadyAPI/Jenkins.  As I dont think there has been a recent surge in posts moaning about specific ReadyAPI versions I'd say 1 recent version is as good as the rest.

you're on 3.9.2 and I know 3.10.0 is available.  HOWEVER - if 3.9.2 is actually working with no problems, then there seems little point in upgrading which will just increase the probability of finding a problem until 3.10.0 has been in use for a time and it's considered a stable release.

Obviously the above is just my opinion - the other people might have differing views on this.

ta

Rich

1 Reply

richie
    Community Hero

Hey Asima_29 

I think people are going to have difficulty in giving you "the correct" answer as in some ways it's a little subjective and for anyone to truly answer this they can only go on either their own experience (if theyve actually had problems with a specific ReadyAPI version with jenkins) or if theyve seen a number of people posting about ReadyAPI/jenkins issues.

SmartBear will always encourage people to upgrade to the later version.

I suppose you could view the release notes of previous versions, but I suppose this raises the question: what would you do if version v3.3.0 was thought of as particularly stable for pipelines?  Would you actually downgrade?

I think people would only notice 'dodgy' versions if there had been lots of posts moaning about a specific version or they'd had personal experience of issues.  People wouldn't notice if there had been ZERO issues with ReadyAPI/Jenkins.  As I dont think there has been a recent surge in posts moaning about specific ReadyAPI versions I'd say 1 recent version is as good as the rest.

you're on 3.9.2 and I know 3.10.0 is available.  HOWEVER - if 3.9.2 is actually working with no problems, then there seems little point in upgrading which will just increase the probability of finding a problem until 3.10.0 has been in use for a time and it's considered a stable release.

Obviously the above is just my opinion - the other people might have differing views on this.

ta

Rich