Forum Discussion

Ina-LookYong
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Suddenly stop getting Responce RAW for POST call in Ready API.

I run my tests and assertion was working and few days ago i stop getting RAW responce or any other. It happening only for some of my REST POST calls, not for all of them. It isn't workign only for one test suite. My calls are comming through and I don't have any problems with REST GET at all.

I've checked all the recommendations and documentation. All check boxes are checked and it still not working. I run out of ideas, it is new app for me and i need collective help, please. 

• Perhaps the call get's a time-out? In the test case options you can define the socket time out (of the request) and the time-out of the test case. Zero means 1 minute. You can increase this (set in MS) and see whether the problem still occures.
    Other reason might be some error of some sort. Check your error log tab at the bottom for clues.

4 Replies

JoostDG
    Frequent Contributor
    Perhaps the call get's a time-out? In the test case options you can define the socket time out (of the request) and the time-out of the test case. Zero means 1 minute. You can increase this (set in MS) and see whether the problem still occures.
    Other reason might be some error of some sort. Check your error log tab at the bottom for clues.
      Ina-LookYong
      Occasional Contributor

I've increase Socket timeout by dobeling it and it works now.

Now my test cases are Green again! yahoo!.... :))) 

Thank you!

JoostDG
        Frequent Contributor

Nice! :smileyvery-happy:

Glad I could help.

Ina-LookYong
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you, JoostDG .

Yes, you're right.  i am getting this eeror message:

• Mon Mar 25 07:15:37 PDT 2019: ERROR: Exception in request: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    • Mon Mar 25 07:15:37 PDT 2019: ERROR: An error occurred [Read timed out], see error log for details
    • Mon Mar 25 07:15:37 PDT 2019: INFO: Error getting response for [REST POSTScanner API.POSTAddTimeEntry:POSTAddTimeEntry WithPremium Out Town 16%]; java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
    • Mon Mar 25 07:17:40 PDT 2019: INFO: Got response for [REST POSTScanner API.POSTAddTimeEntry:POSTError500] in 81ms (111 bytes)