Forum Discussion

jklapste
Contributor
13 years ago

Specific multiple Test Suites in Maven SoapUI plugin

It would be nice if you could specify multiple Test Suites when configuring the Maven plugin instead of just specifying a specific Test Suite (or just letting them all run)

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

specifying multiple test suites is not currently supported, as you said -
    there is alternative though, please let us know if this works for you:

- add test suite name property to pom.xml

<properties>
    <testSuiteName>Test Suite 1</testSuiteName>
    </properties>

- you can specify test suite on command line, eg.

mvn eviware:maven-soapui-plugin:test -DtestSuiteName="some test suite name"

so, you have parametrized test suite name on each run.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
    Vladimir
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi Vladimir,

I know you can specify a single test suite, but I'm looking to specify multiple test suites. Another alternative would be to specify multiple executions of the SoapUI plugin in your pom with different test suites, but I think being able to specify multiple suites is a better solution.

I've looked at the code, both the Mojo and the TestCaseSuiteRunner (class name is from memory so it's probably wrong) and looks like it would be a pretty easy change
    DDS__Inc__Suppo
    Occasional Contributor
    I'm trying to use
     mvn eviware:maven-soapui-pro-plugin:test -DtestSuiteName="XYZ_SMOKETEST_SUITE"                     -DoutputFolder="tmp/var"
    for PRO pluging 4.5.1 and it does not take any affect.it runs all the enabled suites every time. Is this parameter applicable to PRO plugin?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

It seems to me that you should use DtestSuite, not DtestSuiteName. Here is the Maven plugin documentation.

Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear
        groovyguy
        Champion Level 1

codehausss, you may want to start a new thread, or look up how to submit a feature request (ReadyAPI Feature Request ). Replying to a thread that is almost 6 years ago, with the last comment being over 4 years ago, may not be the best idea. Starting a new thread allows you to provide your own specifics and requirements. If what you want isn't already in the software, it's likely you'll want to submit a feature request at the link I provided.