Forum Discussion

MRutten
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

ReadyAPI 3.3.2 - it doesn't close (waiting for 30 minutes now)

Good morning,

I searched the community and found similar problems but no applicable solutions.

What is happening:

- i start ReadyAPI and open a few projects (on my local drive and on some network location)

- without changing anything i close ReadAPI

- ReadyAPI doesn't close

- during this closing process i cannot click on anything in ReadyAPI. so it looks as if it is trying to close. 

Last week, when i was waiting for ReadyAPI to close, i cancelled ReadyAPI via TaskManager of Windows and that resulted in projects i couldn't open anymore in ReadyAPI.

What to do?

EDIT: this message states the same problem. I will try the solution given there:

https://community.smartbear.com/t5/SoapUI-Open-Source/SoapUI-Pro-GUI-does-not-exit-unless-i-select-Exit-Without-Saving/td-p/164302

Kind regards,

Maarten

• I created a support case.

The projects that were on a network drive were causing the long closing time.

This was the answer of support and what solved my problem:

"In this case, I suggest that you uncheck the "Preference/UI/Normalize line-break" option in ReadyAPI. After this, save your projects to the network drive.

3 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for looking into this, Himanshu!

MRutten Could you let me know if you created a support case? I wasn't able to locate it in our database. Please let the community know the final results of the investigation! Thank you!

MRutten
    Occasional Contributor

I created a support case.

The projects that were on a network drive were causing the long closing time.

This was the answer of support and what solved my problem:

"In this case, I suggest that you uncheck the "Preference/UI/Normalize line-break" option in ReadyAPI. After this, save your projects to the network drive.