Forum Discussion

atariqharri
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago

Ready API Test Runner Failed to load project but runs fine when I Launch Test Runner from GUI

To run ready API tests in a CI pipeline, I want to be able to trigger it from the command line. To do this, I select the test suite and select Launch Test Runner from the menu. When I make the configurations and click on Launch Tests, it works fine. But I get the following errors when I copy the command to the clipboard and run it in the terminal: 

com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/Users/alitariq/Desktop/ReadyAPI%20Projects/]

the full log can be seen in the attached file

3 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey atariqharri,

What version of ReadyAPI are you using?
    You dont get the same problem if you execute via TestRunner from within the GUI, is that right?

Im running v3.20.2 and i dont have any problems running the tests via GUI TestRunner or by running the command via command prompt.

It looks like youve got a ReadyAPI project saved within your Windows profile. Id always advise to save projects outside of your Windows profile as theres so many other things going on within a Windows profile.

Can you please move the project outside the profile and retry?

Can you also confirm your version number please?

Also, i described what i did above to try and reproduce your issue....did i do anything different to what you did?

Cheers,

Rich
      atariqharri
      Occasional Contributor

Hello richie My ReadyAPI Version is: 3.20.2

As for the project location, I am using a Mac. I could not find a suitable location for my project other than inside my home folder. What do you suggest.

Thanks for your response.

richie
        Community Hero
        Hey atariqharri,

Ah...sorry, i assumed you were using Windows. Nope keep the project file where it is. Windows and Mac profiles work completely differently and it so the "profile issue" isnt relevant for Macs.

I cant help you with this im afraid. Im running Windows.

If no one responds who has a Mac i suggest submitting a support ticket to Smartbear

Ta

Rich