Forum Discussion

fiddelush
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Problem with the Sending Email Test step

Hi,

Trying to run an email test step without any success. I have no clue why it does not work and I have been in touch our system administrator to make sure the properties are correct which they are. However, when I logged into https://login.microsoftonline.com I hade to chose an authenticator in order eto loggin so I wonder if that might interfere? I do not get any reaction at all when I press "run" to it is very hard to understand where the problem is located. Can you see any issues with the setup or have you guys had any issues running this test step?

Regards,

Fred

• Hi fiddelush,

Your settings look well, except for SMTP Mail Host which is supposed to be smtp.office365.com, not http://smtp.office365.com.

Also, richie is right regarding some security options that should be enabled in your Office365 account. I guess there is an option similar to Google’s “less secure applications” in Office365 so I recommend that you look through this, as well.

If the test step still does not work for you, please submit a case here.

4 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey fiddelush,

I've only played briefly with this test step before, but i remembered reading something about the step only being possible with limited security options. I thought maybe only TLS no SSL, but having a new look at the page it doesnt mention SSL at all.

However. You mention that you are prompted to select an authenticator when trying to login and if this is the case, when you run the testcase this means the endpoint is waiting for a client response that never occurs so id suggest this is the hurdle you need to overcome for now (at least until you stumble over another).

You normally get the authenticator prompt from MS if youre trying to logon to an account via an unrecognised machine. Can you login to the email account first (and do the additional authenticator select step...maybe send an email for good measure), dont clear your cookies and cache and then try running the send email test step? Surely that should get rid of the authenticator select option once the endpoint recognises your client?

Your endpoint doesnt require dual authentication for each logon attempt or anything like that does it?

Need to highlight that this is just a guess on my part based on the help and the issur youve described.

Ta

Rich
    JKolosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi fiddelush,

Your settings look well, except for SMTP Mail Host which is supposed to be smtp.office365.com, not http://smtp.office365.com.

Also, richie is right regarding some security options that should be enabled in your Office365 account. I guess there is an option similar to Google’s “less secure applications” in Office365 so I recommend that you look through this, as well.

If the test step still does not work for you, please submit a case here.