Forum Discussion

CJDownUnder
Contributor
7 years ago

Plugins for offline device

For various corporate reasons, I do my work on a device that does not have access to the general internet - I can only access URLs within the company intranet. I therefore cannot browse plugins. I'd like to install the GIT plugin. Is there any way I can do this "offline"?

"Could not load plugin list from repository - Available plugins will not be displayed"

I note there's a "load plugin from file" option - is it possible to just grab the plugins as JARs and drop them somewhere locally?

Failing that, I may be able to get the plugin location white-listed. If I were to do that, what would be the correct URL(s) to white-list so the plugin browser would work?

3 Replies

LexiAQA
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You can get the overall SmartBear plugins reference here: https://smartbear.com/plugins/

Locate the required plugin and click its brief description to get to the plugin details.

For example, the Git plugin details can be found here: https://github.com/SmartBear/ready-git-plugin

In the releases section, you can find the plugin .jar file. To install the plugin, you need to put this .jar into the '<UserFolder>\.soapui\plugins' folder on the host where Ready! API is used.

Also, here is a direct link to the Git Integration Plugin v. 1.0.2 (this reference is used by the Plugin Manager): http://productextensions.s3.amazonaws.com/SoapUI-Plugins/ready-api-git-plugin-1.0.2.jar 

I hope this information helps.

CJDownUnder
      Contributor

Unfortunately, after trying this, it does not appear to work. This appears to hold true for most plugins I've tried, except the GIT plugin which worked okay, weirdly. I'm currently using Ready! API 1.9.0-m-SNAPSHOT

1/. I have tried dropping the JAR files into a local directory and installing them using the Plugin Manager. This always throws an error "com.eviware.soapui.plugins.MissingPluginClassException: No plugin class found in C:\Users\Test04\Downloads\soapui-groovy-console-plugin-1.0-plugin.jar"

2/. Dropping the JARs directly into .soapui/plugins directory causes SOAPUI to fail to load. The following is dumped during the startup process, but SOAPUI halts:

13:56:35,143 WARN [PluginLoader] No plugin classes found in JAR file C:\Users\Test04\.soapui\plugins\soapui-emailteststep-plugin-1.0-plugin.jar
      13:56:35,152 ERROR [PluginManager] Couldn't resolve plugin dependency order. This may impair plugin functionality.
      com.eviware.soapui.plugins.MissingPluginClassException: No plugin class found in C:\Users\Test04\.soapui\plugins\soapui-emailteststep-plugin-1.0-plugin.jar
      at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.a(PluginLoader.java:120)
      at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginLoader.b(PluginLoader.java:323)
      at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginDependencyResolver.<init>(PluginDependencyResolver.java:43)
      at com.eviware.soapui.plugins.PluginManager.loadPlugins(PluginManager.java:102)
      at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProCore.loadPlugins(SoapUIProCore.java:307)
      at com.eviware.soapui.DefaultSoapUICore.init(DefaultSoapUICore.java:148)
      at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProCore.init(SoapUIProCore.java:294)
      at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIProCore.<init>(SoapUIProCore.java:222)
      at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIUserInterfaceProCore.<init>(SoapUIUserInterfaceProCore.java:26)
      at com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIUserInterfaceProCore$$FastClassByGuice$$5232b4e6.newInstance(<generated>)
      at com.google.inject.internal.cglib.reflect.$FastConstructor.newInstance(FastConstructor.java:40)
      at com.google.inject.internal.DefaultConstructionProxyFactory$1.newInstance(DefaultConstructionProxyFactory.java:60)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:85)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:254)
      at com.google.inject.internal.FactoryProxy.get(FactoryProxy.java:54)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1031)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
      at com.google.inject.Scopes$1$1.get(Scopes.java:65)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:40)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4$1.call(InjectorImpl.java:978)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1031)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl$4.get(InjectorImpl.java:974)
      at com.google.inject.spi.ProviderLookup$1.get(ProviderLookup.java:89)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderMethod.get(ProviderMethod.java:98)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.get(InternalFactoryToProviderAdapter.java:40)
      at com.google.inject.internal.SingleParameterInjector.inject(SingleParameterInjector.java:38)
      at com.google.inject.internal.SingleParameterInjector.getAll(SingleParameterInjector.java:62)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorInjector.construct(ConstructorInjector.java:84)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl$Factory.get(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:254)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter$1.call(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:46)
      at com.google.inject.internal.ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.get(ProviderToInternalFactoryAdapter.java:40)
      at com.google.inject.internal.FactoryProxy.get(FactoryProxy.java:54)
      at com.google.inject.internal.SingleParameterInjector.inject(SingleParameterInjector.java:38)
      at com.google.inject.internal.SingleParameterInjector.getAll(SingleParameterInjector.java:62)
      at com.google.inject.internal.SingleMethodInjector.inject(SingleMethodInjector.java:83)
      at com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectMembers(MembersInjectorImpl.java:110)
      at com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl$1.call(MembersInjectorImpl.java:75)
      at com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl$1.call(MembersInjectorImpl.java:73)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.callInContext(InjectorImpl.java:1024)
      at com.google.inject.internal.MembersInjectorImpl.injectAndNotify(MembersInjectorImpl.java:73)
      at com.google.inject.internal.Initializer$InjectableReference.get(Initializer.java:147)
      at com.google.inject.internal.Initializer.injectAll(Initializer.java:92)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.injectDynamically(InternalInjectorCreator.java:173)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InternalInjectorCreator.build(InternalInjectorCreator.java:109)
      at com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createChildInjector(InjectorImpl.java:217)
      at com.netflix.governator.guice.LifecycleInjector.createChildInjector(LifecycleInjector.java:254)
      at com.netflix.governator.guice.LifecycleInjector.createInjector(LifecycleInjector.java:321)
      at com.netflix.governator.guice.LifecycleInjector.createInjector(LifecycleInjector.java:275)
      at com.smartbear.ready.ui.ReadyApiMain.main(ReadyApiMain.java:70)