Forum Discussion

maritza_ocasio
New Contributor
2 years ago

How many versions back do ReadyAPI Test fixed licenses activate?

Our office runs very old versions of ReadyAPI Test.  How many versions back do ReadyAPI Test fixed licenses activate?  Our renewal is coming up and I want to let the team know in advance if their older versions will no longer work with the new licenses.

3 Replies

• Hi Maritza, 

If its a fixed file-based (also known as node-locked) license then I do not believe there are any restrictions on which version they can be applied to.

Fixed SLM licenses support versions 3.8.1 and on. 

I can verify if those older versions are supported if you can let us know the version number(s) that you're trying to use.  

maritza_ocasio
      New Contributor

Thank you for the response.  Starting 12/31/2022, our fixed licenses will not be file based.  Instead, a portal is used that allows me to send a link to each user and clicking it activates their product.  Because of the change from file-based license keys to this new method, we're concerned about the possibility that old versions would not be activated.  Would you know?

SarahS
        Staff

Yes, so that would be the SLM license type from the previous message. The oldest version that would be supported with SLM fixed licenses is ReadyAPI v3.8.1.