Forum Discussion

LZhang
Frequent Contributor
17 years ago

Add a security username and password when importing a wsdl

Hi:

It would be much more helpful if you can add a security username/password field when importing a WSDL instead of specifying it for every single request object for each method (not efficient at all).

Please take it in your consideration for your next release.

In addition, if I run my soap request multiple times, is there a way to display all the requests/responses (currently only the last one is available to be viewed) or output them to an external file?  Please advise.

Thank you very much,
Li Zhang

3 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Li,

thanks for the suggestion, we'll fix the username/password as you mentioned..

No, there is currently no way to see older requests than the last one other than the HTTP-log, maybe a global "Request Log" would be approriate !?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    LZhang
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi, Ole:

I know the "adding security username/password when importing a wsdl" request will be in next release.  Could you add WSS-password type in addition to the username/password?  It would be a very useful feature for us to configure all three when importing a wsdl.

Thanks,
    Li
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Li,

yes.. it will be possible to associate default authorization settings with an endpoint which can be overridden at the request level. Further, soapUI Pro will include an advanced "multihost endpoint strategy", allowing you to easily switch between different target environments when testing by aliasing and grouping endpoints; instead of specifying the actual endpoint a request will be assigned an alias (ie "endpoint 1", "endpoint 2") and an environment (ie "production", "stage", "dev").. each endpoint alias can then be configured differently for each environment in regards to authorization, URL, etc.. When running a TestCase/TestSuite, you will be able to select which environment to target, and that environments values will be used for each endpoint-alias..

hmm.. that sounds a bit complicated :-) we should get a preview of this into one of the coming snapshots, I'll give more details then.. any feedback on the above is of course welcome!

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com