Forum Discussion

shilpi_agarwal
Contributor
8 years ago

Gui desktop Appliaction in OpenEdge 11.6 fall under which application tye

Hello Team,

I just started to work on TestComplete tool. I need to test a Desktop application developed in GUI Progress(Open Edge 11.6). I have seen so many forums and link that describes the type of Windows desktop applications like java, .net that test complete supports. I have followed this link-

https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/68015/

So GUI application which is developed in OpenEdge11.6 fall under which application type? Please suugest me so that I could start to test my application.

Thanks in Advance.

12 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Hi 

We also use OE but our UI is written in .Net, so that's the selection we use for TestComplete.

shilpi_agarwal
      Contributor
      Hi Team, This is What You want to say that You are using Progress Database as backend and frontend is in .Net? Since my application is Simple GUI desktop application developed in OE 11.6 So Is it feasible to test the application with Test Complete tool? I am facing some problems like I am able to record the tests but When I play back the recording, TestComplete does not recognize the GUI Progress controls and thus not able to create tests for GUI application. Can you give me an example or confirm whether Test Complete tool is able to test the GUI desktop application developed in OE 11.6? Please suggest.
        AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

OpenEdge is not mentioned in the list of applications/technologies supported by TestComplete...

Can you provide us with the sample of the script recorded by TestComplete against your application?