Forum Discussion

rtp
New Contributor
13 years ago

Diff Download - Output Viewer Format

We have been using SB software for a couple years and have a question on the Diff Download feature....  I can create the diff output file which is an ASCII file containing what looks to be formatting codes.  Is there a viewer program so one can view this information in a somewhat useable format?  

What I would like to do is use this condensed file of my code differences as part of a documentation package for product certification updates.  It would be great if one could view or print these file differences in a friendly format for the auditors.  Any suggestions or am I missing the point of this feature.

Thanks,

Robert

2 Replies

• What program are you using to open the diff file? If you open it with something like Notepad++, the content is readable; it's not just ASCII codes.

You would then be able to also save the diff file, like you are suggesting.

If this doesn't answer your question, you can contact us at support@smartbear.com.
    rtp
    New Contributor
    Hi,

I orginally tried to view the DIFF file using Beyond Compare.....   Yes, I can use Multi-Edit to view the ASCII characters in the DIFF file but it's a bit cryptic to figure out what it really trying to tell you.

The only way I found to make the file somewhat useful is to view the original files using Code Collaborator and then mark up the DIFF output file using a highlighter.  Once I marked up the printed copy, I created a pdf to give to the auditor.  Very slow and painful!

Thanks,

Robert