Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Code Collaborator 5.0.5041 - Mac - Cannot connect to TFS

I am attempting to use Code Collaborator's GUI client on my Mac OSX 10.7 to connect for the first time to our existing TFS servers to no avail.

I have compared my settings on the Mac to those on my Windows XP box and they appear to be the same, however I get some strange error messages.

When I press 'Add Changes...', the error message reads:

• Error initializing Add to Review Wizard

• Reason:

• A client error occurred:  The Team Foundation Server project collection URL to use could not be determined the options or argument paths provided.  Specify a login profile or workspace, or user the 'collection' option.

When I press 'Add Shelvesets...', the error message reads:

• Error initializing Add to Review Wizard

• Reason:

• An argument error occurred: shelvesets requires zero or one shelveset names.

Both of these error dialog give me the option to save the error log, however nothing gets saved when I try to do this.

Thank you for your help.

2 Replies

• Angella,

Support for TFS for the Mac is only available through Team Explorer Everywhere, and our support for that was added in v6.5.6511. In order to do what you are wanting to do, you will need to upgrade, both your server and clients.

We have just released our newest version, v7.3.7300. I would suggest you upgrade to that.

You cannot simply upgrade your client to get this to work. We do not support using clients that are newer than the server version.