Forum Discussion

Gunnar
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Error creating AlertSite API monitor in SoapUI

Hi,

When trying to add a SoapUI TestStep to the AlertSite API Monitoring, I get an error stating that the SoapUI project requires between 1 to 5 Test Steps.

Doesn't AlertSite support more Test Steps or is this because I'm using AlertSite Community Edition?

Or maybe this is a limitation in SoapUI? I didn't find any info about this on your website, so I'm wondering what this might be.

Regards,

Gunnar

• Hi Gunnar,

The maximum number of test steps depends on your AlerSite plan:

• AlertSite Community (free) and Pro support SoapUI tests with up to 5 steps.
    • AlertSite Enterprise supports up to 50 steps in a single monitor.

4 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Gunnar,

The maximum number of test steps depends on your AlerSite plan:

• AlertSite Community (free) and Pro support SoapUI tests with up to 5 steps.
    • AlertSite Enterprise supports up to 50 steps in a single monitor.
      Gunnar
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Helen

Ok, I see. Thanks for the info.

Three points I want to mention/ask about:

1. This should be mentioned on the website where you are comparing different AlertSite editions or somewhere else where it's obvious. If it is, and I've missed it, I apologise.
      2. TestSteps are counted even if they are disabled in my SoapUI project? At least I wanted to try a web service with 7 steps and disabled 2 of them to see if that would work, but it didn't.
      3. I'm a bit shocked that the paid Pro version also has this 5 step limitation. Most of the web services that we are using have about 10-20 functions (e.i. Test Steps). Any reason why that is beside forcing players to upgrade to Enterprise edition?

My understanding on your documentation is that you can only have one web service function per Test Step, isn't that correct?

Regards,

Gunnar

HKosova
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Gunnar,

Gunnar wrote:
        This should be mentioned on the website where you are comparing different AlertSite editions or somewhere else where it's obvious.

Thanks for the feedback! The Pricing page was updated.

TestSteps are counted even if they are disabled in my SoapUI project?

It seems so. You can submit an enhancement request to ignore disabled steps when counting the steps. Enhancement requests are reviewed by product management, and can be voted up by other users.

Pro version also has this 5 step limitation. ... Any reason why that is beside forcing players to upgrade to Enterprise edition?

Good question. denisgoodwin, can you answer this please?

you can only have one web service function per Test Step, isn't that correct?

Correct.