Forum Discussion

quinn
New Contributor
7 years ago

AQtime 8 is not generating any results for memory allocation profiler

I am trying to use the AQTime memory allocation profiler.  It's a C++ application with many DLL's, Windows 7, Visual Studio 2010.  I added the .exe and DLL's of interest to the modules pane, and I can run it via AQTime, but the results windows shows absolutely nothing.  I don't get any results if I let the application terminate normally nor if I ask for early results.  I've tried the SmartBear troubleshooting wizard and it changed nothing.  Help!

3 Replies

quinn
      New Contributor

Thanks for the link.  Yes, that is the version of AQTime I am using.  I checked out those posts but didn't get any information about anything I haven't already tried.  At this point, what I've noticed is that I can get results when I have my .exe and two of my DLL's included in the project setup pane.  But other DLL's that are used by my application and I would like to profile seem to cause a problem with AQTime.  When I add them to the project and run it, everything seems to run normally but when the application exits there are no results in the Last Results pane. 

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

Any chance to provide here a (sample) application that demonstrates the problem you are talking about?

If not, then you may create a Support ticket via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=AQtime form and provide Support with the information that can not be posted here.

> But other DLL's that are used by my application and I would like to profile seem to cause a problem with AQTime.

Can you be more specific as for the problem description? Steps, observed behavior, screenshots, ... ?