cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysql-connector-java-5.1.45-bin jar file not recognized by ReadyAPI

bluesky98
New Contributor

mysql-connector-java-5.1.45-bin jar file not recognized by ReadyAPI

I put mysql-connector-java-5.1.45-bin.jar file in ReadyAPI-2.1.0\bin\ext directory, after clicked "Test Connection" for JDBC Request step, got:

com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to initialize the connection that uses the [com.mysql.jdbc.Driver] driver. Connection string: [jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/sakila?user=root&password=#####].

Please advise.  Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Nastya_Khovrina

Re: mysql-connector-java-5.1.45-bin jar file not recognized by ReadyAPI

Hi, 

Thank you for your post. I cannot reproduce the issue on my side with the mentioned file. Did you download the JDBC driver the official site: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.0.html? I can reproduce the error if I don't have the mysql-connector-java-5.1.45-bin.jar file in the <ReadyAPI_Install>\bin\ext folder. Can you provide a screenshot of the content of your <ReadyAPI_Install>\bin\ext folder?

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
bluesky98
New Contributor

Now the issue resolved after I added the jar to C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\lib\ext.

Nastya_Khovrina

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is resolved! Thank you for sharing your solution with us. 

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors