Forum Discussion

xx1
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

why testcomplete sometimes get in stuck when I run test case

Recently, I run a test case, testcomplete always get in stuck, I can't stop the case, I can't close testcomplete unless I end the task through task manager. I don't know why? Does my script have some wrong ? If so, why sometime, the test case script can run successful.

Thanks 

2 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor

There may be a lot of reasons for such behaviour. For instance, in our project we also have this problem. It happens when closing Internet Explorer, but the iexplore process remains in the task list, though you don't see any IE window opened.

Our solution was to forcibly kill iexplore process for each test start (we use event OnStartTest for this).

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

xx1 wrote:

Recently, I run a test case, testcomplete always get in stuck, I can't stop the case, I can't close testcomplete unless I end the task through task manager. I don't know why? Does my script have some wrong ? If so, why sometime, the test case script can run successful.

Thanks 

It's hard to tell what's going on without some more details, especially since you said it always gets stuck and then sometimes it runs.

We can try to help if you show us your test and tell us exactly what happens when it fails.  Like karkadil said, it could be many things, but the more details you give us, the better we can help you.