Forum Discussion

giovanni
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

WebService Python

Hello, 

I ported my old Jscript project to Python. 

I'm experiencing issues with WebService. My script is like: 

ServiceInput = WebServices.Receiver.TypeFactory.acceptMessage1

ServiceInput.arg0 = req; #(this is a string)

Result = WebServices.Receiver.acceptMessage(ServiceInput);

This works with Jscript, but it doesn't with Python (server receives an empty request)

Any Idea?

• Hi Giovanni,

Could you please check if you see the same issue in TestComplete 11.3? This is the latest product version where some Python-related issues have been fixed.

If the issue persists, please contact our TestComplete Support Team to try to resolve it. They need to reproduce the issue in our test lab.

5 Replies

• Are you taking out the semicolons when running it as a python script? If you aren't I'm surprised it doesn't give a runtime error since it would be trying to assign the value of a variable named 'req;' instead of 'req'. Python doesn't use semicolons like JScript, I think a lot of the TestComplete documentation incorrectly has semicolons for some of the python examples they have.

Other than that I can't really see any issues with your code.

giovanni
      Occasional Contributor

Hi ghuff, 

Originally I wrote the code without semicolons, then I tried to add semicolons because I saw some TestComplete documentation including these. 

Anyway the behaviour is the same (and TestComplete does not return a runtime error using semicolons)

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Giovanni,

Could you please check if you see the same issue in TestComplete 11.3? This is the latest product version where some Python-related issues have been fixed.

If the issue persists, please contact our TestComplete Support Team to try to resolve it. They need to reproduce the issue in our test lab.