Forum Discussion

chicks
Regular Contributor
12 years ago

VCLobjects now showing as Windows

I had code that manipulated Winscp as VCL objects.   After changing other code in the project to support multiple browsers,  Winscp is now showing in objecct spy as Windows objects.  

I found this thread: http://smartbear.com/forums?forumid=81&threadid=68130

which seemed to be related, but  the NativeMSAA  was already below the NativeDelphi objects and moving it seemed to make no difference.

I'm guessing there's a setting somewhere which got changed?

Thanks very much.  
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    Jared set me straight on this as well:

"The process filter in project properties just control what applications will be recognized as open. In your case, winscp was filtered out, and TC worked with it in black-box mode (recognizing Windows instead of VCLObjects). But the filter doesn't remove processes from the Object Browser. In fact, there're two process filters in TC - the 'open-app' one in project settings, and another one in the OBject Browser accessible via its toolbar. And only the latter controls what to show."
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    The setting was apparently in  my process filter.   project \ properties \ open applications \ process filter.

It's curious that this changed HOW the Winscp objects appeared in the browser rather than whether or not they appeared at all....
    chicks
    Regular Contributor
    I've posted a support request and will post any results here.