Forum Discussion

Rafael_Fradczyk
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Upgrade to Win 7 - 64bit + Office 2013 --> Image Comparison doesn't work properly

Hi everybody,

I recently upgraded my PC from Win7 (32bit) & Office 2010 to Win 7(64bit) + Office 2013.

I created some tests under my old system, which worked properly. Now under my new systems i have some issues in the image comparison. I don't know why, but all pictures are now slightly different in there pixels and colors. It's not recognizable with naked eye.

I attached two files where I zoomed into some letters. The one pic is without and the other with the red mark where you can see the difference, or at least where TestComplete sees a difference.

Does anybody got an idea what's the problem with my project? I don't want to change all image comparisons manually. :(

• For possible reasons why this is happening see Why Image Comparison Fails

It could be that the greater precision (64 bits) in the color intepolation algorithms in your new 64-bit OS has changed the least significant bits for pixels in the smoothing that occurs when drawing the characters.  Ignoring the color difference may help.

2 Replies