Forum Discussion

mfoster711
Regular Contributor
2 years ago

Uninstall TestComplete Extension Command Line

Is there a way to uninstall the .Net extension using command line? Read the documentation it sounds like I should be able to do this but it says to reference the plugin_file (.pls) but I don't see a plugin file for .Net extension.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/automating/command-line-and-exit-codes/command-line.html

Why do I want to do this? Because if the .Net extension is enabled, it completely breaks all of my testing. And, it seems like every time we install an update to TestComplete it activates the .Net extension again.

3 Replies

mfoster711
      Regular Contributor

Yes, that is what I was reading but it states I must reference the .pls file for the .Net extension and I don't know what that is or if it is possible for the .Net extension.

Here is what the documentation states:

/uninstall:extension_name (or /up:extension_name)

Uninstalls the specified TestComplete plugin on the product start. The extension_name parameter specifies the fully-qualified name of the plugin file (.pls). This command may help you customize a testing environment on remote computers according your needs.

Notes:

• If the name of the plugin file includes spaces, it must be enclosed in double quotes:

TestComplete.exe /uninstall:"C:\TestComplete plugins\plugin.pls"
      • You can uninstall only one plugin at a time.

• This command will not delete the actual file from the disk.

• When you use the command line to load a project, the specified plugin will be uninstalled before the project is opened.

• You cannot use this command-line argument to uninstall script extensions.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

and I don't know what that is or if it is possible for the .Net extension.

Hm-m-m... I went through the content of TestComplete folder and indeed, while some extension names sound similar to certain modules in the Install Extensions dialog, nothing seemed to me to be close to .Net.

I would ask Support via the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/ form.