Forum Discussion

mesg2anil
Regular Contributor
13 years ago

"Unavailable [Script Unit]" - How to Restore?

Hi,

I need help on how to restore "Unavailable [Script Unit]" which I lost accidentally.

I insereted a new Unit and wrote the script, for some reason I closed the TC 8.6, which closing I was asked to save, but by mistake I said No and the script which I created was not saved. While opening it said, it could not find the script unit and that unit is marked as "Unavailable [Script Unit]". I right clicked and selected Restore but no luck.

Any help available for this issue?
  • Hi,

The unit can be marked in the Project Explorer panel as "Unavailable [Script Unit]" if the unit's file (*.svb) does not exists in the specified location. It can happen, for example, if you renamed the unit file or moved it to another directory.

To check which file the unit node corresponds to, move the cursor over the unit node. The pop-up window will show the path to the corresponding unit file. Then, make sure that the file actually resides in this folder.

When you find the needed unit file on your computer, you can easily add it to your project. To do this:

1.Right-click the Script node in the Project Explorer panel and choose Add | Existing Item from the context menu.

2.Using the ensuing Open File dialog, select the target .svb file and click Open.

mesg2anil
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Margaret,

Thank you for the reply.

When I move the cursor to the "Unavailable [Script Unit]", the pop-up show the folder path along with the filename and also says that "filename.svb does not exist".

In this case there is no way to restore such unit's?
  • Hi,

The Restore command will not work for this node as the node links to the "filename.svb" file that does not exist at the specified location. However, you can try finding your filename.svb file on your computer (you may have moved the file to another directory) and add a new unit node that corresponds to this file (as I described earlier).