Forum Discussion

BaliyanKhushi
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Unable to run a script test via TestComplete

Hi All,
I am new to TestComplete and got a new machine for TestComplete projects. I am using TestComplete 14.60.

I have four projects directories of TestComplete.

I am able to execute a test from one of Project directory but when I try from others, STOP_EVENT called immediately after START_EVENT and shows error

"An exception occurred while executing the script routine"

I have compared folder security and all same everywhere.

I have attached sshot.

Can you plaese suggest what can I do to run a test from other projects as well?

Thank,

K.

• You can click through on that Exception in the log and see the code that is failing. That would be helpful for us to see.

• Thank you Marsha_R  for giving me hint.
    I copied Events.tcAX file of working dir to other directories and that worked.

---

We got a new machine of different domain, where I was unable to run a test via TestComplete.
    IT team disabled the antivirus for 12 hours then I ran a test from one project and it ran. 

But after 2 days when I tried to run a test from other dir. those not worked.

--

Actual root cause is not cleared to me yet. But Problem is solved.

K.

4 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You can click through on that Exception in the log and see the code that is failing. That would be helpful for us to see.

BaliyanKhushi
      New Contributor

Hi Marsha_R 
      Thanks for your reply. Actually no test step is executed.

When I run a test (Keyword or Script) First GeneralEvents_OnStartTest function called.

Then immediately GeneralEvents_OnStopTest function called.

As I mentioned in my question. I have 4 test complete projects directories and issue is with three of them.

I have compared folder security and those are same.

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

I would copy the script that works into one of the projects that's having issues and see if it will run from there. 

BaliyanKhushi
      New Contributor

Thank you Marsha_R  for giving me hint.
      I copied Events.tcAX file of working dir to other directories and that worked.

---

We got a new machine of different domain, where I was unable to run a test via TestComplete.
      IT team disabled the antivirus for 12 hours then I ran a test from one project and it ran. 

But after 2 days when I tried to run a test from other dir. those not worked.

--

Actual root cause is not cleared to me yet. But Problem is solved.

K.