Forum Discussion

jlperez
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

ToURL method seems not to work

Hi,

I've upgraded from Test Complete 10.30 to 10.40, and in the new version I'm not able to execute the below simple program. Firefox is launched, but when executing ToUrl method a message "Unable to find the object ObjectIdentifier", any clue?  

function Launch_Firefox()

{

var firefox;

TestedApps.firefox.Run(1, true);

firefox = Aliases.firefox;

firefox.ToUrl("http://localhost/vr-web-13.2/Authentication/Login");

}

Regards.

• Hi Jose,

Please check what TestComplete build is installed on your computer. For this, select the Help | About main menu item. If it's 10.40.2015, you need to update to 10.40.2018.

7 Replies

jlperez
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi all again,

seems to be a bug in version 10.40, because I've tested the same script in former version 10.30 and it works. 

Regards,

Jose.
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Jose,

Please check what TestComplete build is installed on your computer. For this, select the Help | About main menu item. If it's 10.40.2015, you need to update to 10.40.2018.

jlperez
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Tanya,

thanks for the response. When I enter in my dowload area from Smartbear web page I dont see version 10.40.2018 of Test Complete, I only see version 10.40.2015 from 9/19/2014 (that is the one I downloaded some days ago). The only version 10.40.2018 that I see is from Test Execute product.

Where can I get version 10.40.2018 of Test Complete?

Thanks and regards,

JL.
    TanyaYatskovska
    Hi Jose,

Did you check whether TestExecute executes the test fine? Also, please check whether TestComplete can successfully recognize objects inside the web page. For this, start Firefox, navigate to the tested page and try to capture any object via the Object Spy. 

What Firefox version is installed on your computer?

Tanya

• I have a similar problem. In my case with Testcomplete 10.40.2015 and internet explorer 11.

In my case Page.ToUrl seems to work, but the result doesn't represent the new web page.

Right now i am going to uninstall this version and install the 10.30 to check if my project works as before.

Any better idea? The 10.40.2018 version continues to be available only for TestExecute.
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Gabriel,

Another idea is to check whether the Web module is installed and activated so that you could perform web testing.

How is it going in TestComplete 10.3?

• Hi Tanya

I think my problems with IE11 were mostly related to Internet explorer 11 not refreshing the objects (and creating new objects instead)

I tried changing TabProcGrowth to 0, but by doing so I cannot use the 32 bits version of Internet Explorer in our servers, and I need it because the plugin of our application doesn't work well with the 64 bits version.

And yes I went back to TestComplete and TestExecute 10.3 without any problem. Our workaround right now is not to use IE11 for some of the automations we have.

Thanks

Gabriel.