Forum Discussion

chadg
New Contributor
13 years ago

TFS source control check-out failure

I installed Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider 2010

I was able to get source control options available and was able to add my TestComplete project suite successfully.

When I try to check out anything in my project such as a keyword test I get the following error.

unable to checkout the (product path...)

file from source control. The SCC API provider reports: The file is not under the source code control.

Any help would be appreciated

Chad

2 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi, Chad

Could you please answer the following questions?:

Do you add your TestComplete project suite to the root folder of your source control repository?

Does the same issue occur when you add your project suite to any other subfolder in the repository?

Thanks.

CMEPTb
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Chad,

I had had the same problem, but it appears after my "aggressive" delete operation over files placed to Source Control.

I put project to SC, delete it, changed directory where it was stored on disc, put it again and so on...

After all of these I got the situation when I have absolutely empty project's source control, and absolutely unable to put TC's project to it.

System returned an error: "The SCC API provider reports: The file is not under the source code control."

for each file that TC tried to commit to SC. (And it was NOT convenient to click Ok on each error message for each of >2k files that I have in project. И вообще - гвоздь надо вбить в голову тому QA, которые тестировал эту функциональность - совершенно невозможно пользоваться. Вы слышите, Юлия?)

How I solve that issue:

I created new project at TFS and placed TC project to it. (Initial project was deleted with tfsdeleteproject tool)