Forum Discussion

jkxtw
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

TestExecute runs but doesn't find any objects.

I am trying to run my project suite using TestExecute on some lab machines, I've copied the project files to the machine and using TestExecute I've successfully opened the project file, however when I start the test it doesn't find any of the objects so it just fails on all the tests. I have the program I want to test opened, and everything looks fine except it just doesn't do anything.

I'm not really sure what to check at this point to help it find the objects.

4 Replies

• Hi,

How do you start TE? Are you logged in to the machine where it is started?
    jkxtw
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

So here is the environment, I downloaded to a co-workers machine the project file, installed TestExecute and then, while he is logged in, we open the project file from the task tray icon, it opens fine. Then we right click the icon and select run, which it does. The application is open and TestExecute begins going through the steps, I can see this in messages in the top right corner, but there is no response from the application. I tried this on Windows XP, Vista, and 7. I know there is just one little piece I'm missing, I just don't know what it is.
  • Hi,

It looks like Open Applications don't work in TE for some reason. Try running TE and your tested application as Administrator. Does this help?
    jkxtw
    Occasional Contributor
    I figured out it was the .NET patch which needed to be re-installed.