Forum Discussion

kumar_perlaa
Contributor
12 years ago

TestCompplete Weird behaiour... TCV 9.0.13

Issue:

Identifying controls on DEV Express Grid

It suppose to identify WinformsObject() ,but it showing Windows(),why i am seeing this weird behaiour ,please help me regarding .Refer the attached ss.

5 Replies

• Hi Tanya/Alex,

Please help me regarding this issue and also let me know the root cause? Is it TC version issue?

Regards,

Kumar
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kumar,

Please answer the following questions to help us understand the issue you faced:

1. What .NET Framework is used to build your app?

2. What .NET Framework versions are installed on the computer?

3. Is the problem reproduced with a sample app shipped along with TestComplete? You can find it here:

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008: <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\Open Applications\C#

Other operating systems: <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\Open Applications\C#

• Hello Tanya,

FYI ...

Technologies Used for my APP Dev :

C#.Net,C++,SQL Server 2008,.Net Framework 3.5/4.0

TC Version I am using: 9.013 & 9.20

Is the same issue persisting on All TC versions----> Yes. Sometimes it showing as WinFormsObject() and Windows().I did not face this problem with TV V8.7. Look like TC 8.7 is a stable version...:)

---------------------------------------------

Answers below:

Please answer the following questions to help us understand the issue you faced:

1. What .NET Framework is used to build your app?-----> V4.0

2. What .NET Framework versions are installed on the computer?---> No ".NET Framework" installer on my desktop.

3. Is the problem reproduced with a sample app shipped along with TestComplete?----> Nope, in sample app,the object SPY is working fine ,i mean it displaying WinformsObject().

You can find it here:

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008: <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\Open Applications\C#

Other operating systems: <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\TestComplete 9 Samples\Open Applications\C#

• Hello Tanya,

I know that  it's not the problem with my code... so i request you  to  suggest the work around solution for this issue?