Forum Discussion

12 years ago

TestComplete some time does not identifies the Silverlight objects

Hi,

Currently I am working on Silverlight 5 and I am facing problem with object identification.

This problem is not consitance, some time TestComplete identifies the object without any problem and after couple of execution it stops identifiyng the object.

Does any one know what might be the problem?

12 Replies

• I too am facing the Silverlight objects identification issue many times.IE9-64 bit.

Using tcAgPatcher.exe for .xap file conversion. Launching browser and loading application after TestComplete 9 is launched. Clearing browser cache at every launch. Silvering light application preparation. Browser settings done as mentioned in the Help.

I have raised this issue with Support team and have been suggested to upgrade TC to 10.In TC 10 popups and messageboxpopup controls are not being identified. So, I had to switch back to TC 9.

With TC 9 the issue repeats. I am wondering why TestComplete behaves inconsistently -sometimes it identifies Silverlight controls and sometimes not. TestComplete team is not able to provide solution since 2012.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Sailaja,

As far as I see, the Customer Care team is working with you on resolving the recognition issue with the popup in TestComplete 10. I hope they will be able to provide you with a solution so that you could continue using TestComplete 10.