Forum Discussion

nwang66
Contributor
14 years ago

TestComplete doesn't support Infragistics 9.2 controls?

Hi,    

My tested application had many Infragistics controls (version 5.3), which could be recognized by both TC 7.52 and TC 8.0. Now my application has been updated to use Infragistics controls ver 9.2, which cannot be recognized by TC 8.0 or 7.52! I have a couple of ultra-grids. Some cells of the ultra-grids have buttons. Before I could click the button with code like this

myGrid["ClickCell"](0,6);

Now since TC recognizes the whole grid as one control, ClickCell method doesn't work any more. I have to use Click method with button's coordinates. Sometimes it's not easy to know the coordinates and them will change when screen resolution chaning or tested window re-sized...  Is there any plug-in that I can install to let TC support Infragistics 9.2 controls or any alternative way that I can achieve this testing without using click(1234, 556)?

Thanks a lot!

Nancy Wang

4 Replies

• Sorry for making so much noise to the Forums... just in case someone may have same issue. Here is the solution:

- Install Infragistics NetAdvantage Windows Forms 2009.2 on my computer

- In order for TestComplete to be able to work with my controls as with InfragisticsWinGrid objects, the control’s class name must be specified in the Infragistics Controls | UltraGrid group of your project’s Object Mapping options. So manually add my control's class name into Project Properties --> Object Mapping --> Infragistics Controls

Now my TestComplete is working perfectly with my tested application.

Good luck to everyone!

Nancy
  • In my TestComplete 8.0, File --> Install Extensions, "Infragistics Controls Support (Version: 8.0) is actived (selected). In my file folder, AutomatedQA.TestComplete.ThirdPartyControls.InfragisticsControlsSupport.dll is found at <TestComplete>\bin\extensions\ThirdParty\

Checking my computer, Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs --> Add or Remove Programs: I have "Infragistics NetAdvantage 2005 Vol. 3 for CLR 2.0" installed, but no 2009 vol 2 installed. Is this the reason that TC cannot recognize my tested app?

Thanks!

Nancy W.
    msmith_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Is this possibly the reason I cannot select from an embedded drop-down in an infrgistices ultragrid?  The best I can do is force a value into the cell, but not actually chhose a value in the drop-down.  

Do I need to purchase and install this NetVantage Windows forms client?

thank you
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Michaeel,

Iterate through native methods of the combo-box control in the Object Browser - there should be the one that you can use to choose the needed item.