TestComplete Desktop v12.10 is very verys low to record and playback.
I am learning to record macros using the Orders application (C# version). Even the most basic operations, such as going to the file menu to open a file through the Orders application, is taking 30 s...
One of the things that is being done while recording your test is that objects need to be identified so that they can be added to the NameMapping when the recording is complete. Depending upon the complexity of the application, the types of objects and controls being used, etc., this NameMapping can take a bit.
You could try turning off automatic NameMapping (Tools | Engines | NameMapping) but that would mean you'd have to come back and map the items manually after the fact. You could at least try it as a diagnostic to see if this is the problem.
Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion makes a lot of sense to me (delays occur immediately after a new window opens - then there is an "explosion" of activity until the next window opens, then repeat...). However, I turned off the name mapping and I can see no change in performance. The tests run to completion, so some sort of mapping is apparently still taking place even though I turned off the mapping per your suggestion.
I have not taken an in-depth look at the previous reply, but will be doing so in a few minutes.