Forum Discussion

yuga_mannava
New Contributor
10 years ago

TestComplete Certification

Hi,

i would like to do certification on testcomplete.

i would like to know what are all the topics which covers under certification.

what is the waitage for each Topic.

9 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Community,

It's better if you contact your sales rep and ask him/her about the certification program.

At the moment, I can share with you a PDF file that can give you some info about:

-- Examples of questions

-- Technical tips to know

-- What to expect with the TC Certification

See the attached file.

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hm-m-m... Wondering why answer d) is not considered to be correct along with b) for question #3?
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    I'd be interested in more details too.  There isn't much information on the web page.
    Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3
    Actually, the sales rep link is mentioned under Training.  The link given here only leads to a form to sign up.  

Comprehensive Certification Test  – Only $149

The 60-question, multiple-choice test covers not only your understanding of TestComplete, but also the concepts behind Automated Testing in TestComplete. We recommend only those who have used TestComplete longer than a year attempt the exam.

• Tell me how many attempts to pass the test?
    What is the criterion for successful completion?

DanaRogo
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hey AndreyB you have one attempt to pass the test.  We do have 2 different certification exams however.

Our first one is a 101 Certification that is give complementary to attendees of the TestComplete 101 classes.  Our next one is Tuesday January 17th at 9am EST.  Sign up here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9128030463268499714

Within 2-3 days after the class if you attended live you will receive log in access to take the exam for free once.

Our second exam is the Expert Certification.  This one is for purchase on our website for $149.  You have access for one year and can take the exam once.  You can purchase here. https://smartbear.com/store/training-and-certification/

I have attached the summary of the Expert Exam as well.

mgroen2
      Super Contributor

Am I correct, by saying that this course is focused on JScript usage in TestComplete?

If so, than the course should be renamed to TestComplete Certification (JScript implementation).

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to get certification on TestComplete, it's just that I use scripting as little as possible, it's not my point of focus. I'm more into Test Automation on higher level of abstraction (end-to-end, data driven, test automation frameworks implementation), based on mixture of keyword / record&playback / finetuning based on scripting.

Since I don't know much (any) JScript, I think this course isn't really usefull for me, right?