Forum Discussion

jinglu1977
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Testcomplete can't record anymore

When it happens, I can start recording  (both keyword and script), I can interact with PDA (via PDA controller). When I end recroding, I do see a dialog saying "TestComplete is processing test commands ..."

However, the genreated keyword test and scripts are empty: keyword test doesn't contain any item, script has an empty stub body.

If I call low-level procedure while recording keyword test, the low-level procedure can be recorded.

This issue happend from time to time. It ususally appears after I work on a project suite for a while.

It's really annoying.

3 Replies

• Hi Jing,

Since TestComplete 8.50, we have discontinued support for some platforms including Windows Mobile applications. You can find more information on this here. This means that we will not investigate and fix problems that can arise when working with PDA applications. Sorry.

The problem you face can be caused by slow communications between TestComplete and its modules used on PDA. A solution in this case is recording test actions slower.
  • I am seeing this behavior regularly on TestComplete 8.50.617.7 with a Vista Business x64 (SP2) (6.0 Build 6002) machine that has 8,254,148 KB of memory available.

-Greg Herrington