Forum Discussion

rommel83
New Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete 8 Network Suite Verification failed Issue

Hi,

I am using TestComplete 8. I have created a Network Suite project. I have added a host which is in the same network. But when I try to Verify the host, I get the below error:

Verification failed. Host1(192.168.1.82): Failed to log in (the timeout has expired). Click Help to learn how to solve the problem.

I also followed the instructions as mentioned in the 'Help'  but still the verification fails. I even tried disabling the antivirus and firewall but the issue still continues. Any idea how to solve this problem? Is there any place I need to increase the connection timeout value?

Thanks,

Rommel

4 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Please make sure that the Always prompt client for password upon connection group policy option on your remote host is disabled. For more information on this option, you can see this MSDN Library article.

Please let us know whether this helps.

Thank you.

rommel83
    New Contributor
    The "Always prompt client for password upon connection" option is already set to Disabled in group policy settings on the remote system. Is there any other settings I need to change?

Thanks,

Rommel
    Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello,

Please make sure that your remote host meets the requirements specified in the Requirements for Remote Computers and Projects Help topic.

If this does not help, try checking if the issue persists on the latest version of TestComplete (8.60) after applying all the suggestions from the Messages - Verification Failed TestComplete 8.60 Help topic.

If this still does not help, please check this:

1. Can you connect to your remote host via Windows Remote Desktop Connection?

2. Save an .rdp file storing the Remote Desktop Connection options used to connect to your remote host. Can you start the Remote Desktop Connection session successfully by double-clicking the created .rdp file?

Please let us know of your results.

Thanks in advance.

rommel83
    New Contributor
    Works fine now with Test Complete 8.60. Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Rommel