Forum Discussion

manojkumarpatha_1
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

TestComplete 7.52 and WPF support

Hi,

I am using TestComplete v7.52 and I am trying to automate WPF application but it is not identifying objects inside the WPF window.

I went through help file and it states that TestComplete 7.52 should support WPF applications.

I checked the extensions installed with TestComplete 7.52 and all required extensions are installed as suggested in Help file:

1. tcClrOpenApp.pls - Extension is already added

2. tcWPFControls.pls - Extension is already added

3. tcWPFControlsHook.dll' is also available under <TestComplete 7\Bin\Extensions>

But still TestComplete 7.52 is not able to identify WPF objects.

Please help me in order to successfully identify the WPF objects/controls using TestComplete 7.52

3 Replies

manojkumarpatha_1
    Occasional Contributor
    More Information: This WPF application is developed using .NET framewor 4.0 and executable file is created using VSTS 2010.

I have tried TestComplete 8.2 for identifying the objects of the same WPF application and  TC 8.2 can identify the objects.

So please suggest any workaround so that we can use TestComplete 7.52 correctly for the same WPF application.
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Manoj,

TC 7.x does not support .Net4, so you should either upgrade to TC8 or work with your tested application as with 'closed' one (i.e. using shortcuts, (OCR) text search, etc.).
    Anonymous

Hi Manoj,

Alexei is right. Support for .NET Framework 4 is implemented in TestComplete 8, so you need to use this version of TestComplete to test your application.