Forum Discussion

soccerjo
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

TestComplete 11.31 and Chrome 58

I've been using TestComplete 11.31.2420.7 with Chrome, and during the day today my Chrome seems to have updated to 58.0.3029.96 (Official Build) (64-bit). I believe the version I had previously (that did work) was 58.0.3029.81 (Official Build) (32-bit). I do not know how Chrome automatically updated to 64-bit. Now all objects found are offset from the actual objects in the browser. Using the object spy, the outlines I see are not where they should be. When TC finds an object and tries to click it, it clicks far away from where the object actually appears.

Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone know what versions of Chrome TC 11.3* actually supports? Any tips/suggestions? I've been able to roll by vm back to the "before" version of Chrome listed above, but this is only a short-term solution.

4 Replies

soccerjo
    Occasional Contributor

I wanted to add that the issue here seems to be that Chrome automatically updated from 32-bit to 64-bit, which is very odd. Uninstalling and re-installing the 32-bit version seems to fix the problem. I'm surprised the 64-bit version doesn't work with TestComplete, but I realize that I should be using a newer version of TC by now.

HKosova
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi soccerjo,

TestComplete 11.31 officially supports Chrome 49, both 32-bit and 64-bit. We don't test older versions of TestComplete with newer browser versions though.

If you experience the issue again, here are some things to try:

• Make sure browser zoom is 100%.
      • Set system DPI to 100%.
      • Run the following commands as admin in the 64-bit command prompt (Start > type "cmd" > right-click > Run as administrator):
        %windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe %windir%\System32\oleacc.dll
        %windir%\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe %windir%\SysWOW64\oleacc.dll

If this does not resolve the issue, the next step would be to try the latest version of TestComplete.

soccerjo
        Occasional Contributor

Thanks for these tips, Helen. I did verify the zoom was at 100%. Could you explain what your third suggestion does?