Forum Discussion

saritha
New Contributor
13 years ago

Test complete support automation of microsoft dynamic Ax application

Hi

I am new to testcomplete...

Please let me know whether TestComplete support automation of microsoft dynamic Ax application.

If yes please send me useful URL..

Thanks in Advance

Thanks

Saritha R

3 Replies

• Hi,

In general, TC can work with any application. Also, for certain types of applications, it has extended support which allows your tests to access their internal objects, properties and methods (for example, you can work with .NET, Java, web and Delphi applications this way).

For unsupported application types, TC is able to run tests in black-box mode (by using coordinate-based actions and keystrokes). Also, it provides support for Microsoft Active Accessibility and UI Automation, which allows you to test unsupported application types in a more reliable and convenient way than black-box. You should be able to use one of these technologies in your case to work with your application.
    saritha
    New Contributor
    Hi

Thanks For quick reply...

We are able to automate "Microsoft Dynamic AX Application" by using below tools.

CodedUI this is Visual studio 2010 version.

Ranorex tool.

But the issue is it recording  actions using "Co-ordinates".  When the application is even maximize or change object location in an application script is fail. So please suggest me the tool which record the object properties instead of coordinated on "Microsoft dynamic Ax Application"

Please let me know whether Testcomplete will record object properties or  coordinates on "Microsoft Dynamic Ax Application".

Thanks in advance...

Thanks

Saritha R

Please help me.....