Forum Discussion

vexic
New Contributor
15 years ago

Test Complete menu items dissapearing

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I couldn't find anything using the search function. 

My problem started a few days ago when I opened Test Complete at the beginning of the day, as I would normally do.  The window was sized very small and all of the sub-windows (the workspace, project explorer, the different toolbars, etc) were popped out and jumbled on my desktop.  I reorganized everything as best as I could remember how I had it, but when I went to open my project, the File menu was empty/blank when I clicked on it, as were the Options, View, and Help menus.  I haven't been able to find a way to fix this problem yet.

Thanks for any information or help on the issue.

5 Replies

• Hi Jonathan,

To restore the default settings, try deleting the following folder:

Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\

• Hello,

The reported behavior also happened in my TestComplete.

This behavior resulted after I was manipulating arrays created

by TestComplete (VBScript) and a Catastrophic Error occurred.

Is the Catastrophic Error during manipulation of arrays

a known issue with TestComplete 7.5?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ruel J. Saunar

• Hello Ruel,

Is the Catastrophic Error during manipulation of arrays a known issue with TestComplete 7.5?

No. Could you tell me more about the problem? What actions result in the error?
    qajiny
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi ,

I am also facing the same issue . I've installed licensed copy of Test Complete 7 and also trial version of Test Complete 8 .

Today, I uninstalled TestComplete 8 and when I opened Testcomplete 7 . All the menu items were gone . I could see only empty menu for all the menus on menu bar . Also, the left side window which displaed project structure is also gone .

Also the menu bar which have icons for Execute/Pause  etc. button is also disappeared . Please help me .

I've tried following solution but it did not work for me .

To restore the default settings, try deleting the following folder:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\

Please let me know , what can be done to resolve this issue ?

- Thanks ,

Veena Katiyar