Forum Discussion

ThomasCasserly
Frequent Contributor
10 months ago
Solved

ClickItem is selecting each drop-down item in latest TestComplete instead of required item

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this in latest version of TestComplete. 15.52.2.7

I have keyword test(s), where for a drop-down control I am using ClickItem to select a specific entry. Previous versions of TestComplete just selected the specified item immediately. Now test complete is selecting each item in the drop-down until it finds the specified item. If the list is too long, it selects items until a timeout occurs even if the specified item has not yet been found.This is a problem as some of the dropdown items trigger pop ups and add or remove controls from the screen when selected. Meaning my test is now encountering unexpected/missing controls.

• There is an issue with ClickItem, which I have reported on the 14/06/2023.

There's weird behaviour when selecting certain items from a drop down list using ClickItem method. 

5 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

There is an issue with ClickItem, which I have reported on the 14/06/2023.

There's weird behaviour when selecting certain items from a drop down list using ClickItem method. 

bhcommunity1
      Contributor

Hey, has this bug, 00554509, been fixed?  Or are they still working on it?

Just curious, when someone references a specific bug number, is there a way to monitory its status - if you didn't submit it?

TCVV
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

We are still having this issue, especially in chrome where generally we use it to run our tests.

Have you got any solution?

Raised a support case to TC, but so far no specific answer from them.

Thanks

ThomasCasserly
      Frequent Contributor
      Nope, don't have a solution yet, and only happening in Chrome for me, Tried it one Edge and it was fine.