Forum Discussion

kkdavid
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Test Complete compatibility with Firefox 8

Hi,

Are there any patch or fix to make a record test in Firefox 8? It seems that my test complete does not recognize forms and buttons inside the Firefox 8, all that was recorded was wndMozillaWindowClass1 objects unlike in Firefox 3 where all forms and buttons are recognized

6 Replies

• Hi Kristine,

Currently, Firefox 8 is not supported. It will be supported in the future, but there are no time estimates at the moment.

kkdavid
    Occasional Contributor
    same thing for google chrome? not yet supported?
  • Hi,

Chrome is not supported in the current version. We're planning to support it in future updates.
    Yshvets
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

We are using TC8.60.665.7

I have installed the patch and dropped it to the location specified in the installation instructions file. Upon restart TC is still not able to recognize anything within the FF8. I am able to add FF8 app to the TestedApps, but when i try to create a "Process Action", FF process does not exist in the list even though it is running.

What am i doing wrong here? Please help.

Thanks!

• Hello Yuriy,

Make sure that Firefox has not been updated to version 9. If it is alright, could you please record a screen video demonstrating the issues? You can use Jing, which is a free recorder.