Forum Discussion

ANW
Contributor
13 years ago

Test Complete and locked machines

I am about to have a major issue I think :) ... soon I should be getting a spanking new QA system setup where I can run automated regression testing every day/night. All is well.

Problem is that due to security protocol in the company, our workstations have to be locked when we leave them.

It seems that the QA system will be built up, so I would have access to databases and webpages and such on that server through my work station, and that TestComplete would be running locally.

This is not so good as I would then have to be at my work station to ensure that it does not lock during test runs.

The only solution I can think of right now, is to have a seperate machine somewhere with no keyboard and monitors, that never locks, and then run TC/TestExecute on that, and just use remote desktop to work on it. But I am not sure that security protocol allows for that.

So I thought I would hear here on the boards if anyone has any experience with this, what would be the best way to have TC run during the night, without the problems of locking the machine. Would it have to run directly on the server(s) or what can I do to make this work?

Any insights, help or thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.